Collections Manager – Part Time Temporary (20 Months)
The Collections Manager, under the supervision of the museum director and funded by grant from The Institute of Museum and Library Services Grant, will implement a collections digitization project in collaboration with board members, volunteers, consultants, museum partners, and additional hired assistants.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Photographing collection items using professional photography equipment.
- Editing photographs using Adobe Photoshop.
- Cataloging items in the cloud-based collections management software, CollectiveAccess.
- Moving and assembling items and preforming minor repairs and cleaning as needed.
- Planning and tracking progress of the project with the Project Director.
- Overseeing other part-time staff including assisting with hiring, training, and supervision.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Art, Art History, Museum Studies, or another relevant degree.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with museum collections as a Collections Manager or Registrar or in a related position.
- Experience working with collections management or digital asset management software.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with photography and digitization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Lightroom, and/or CollectiveAccesss preferred.
- Hourly wage for this 20 hour per week position is $20 per hour
Midwest Miniatures Museum is an equal opportunity employer.